Dolphin Beach Terms and Conditions
This is the Terms and Conditions of Dolphin Beach. In this document, “we”, “our”, “the owner” or “us” refers to Dolphin Beach (William and Barbara Foyle T/A Dolphin Beach) and “client” or “guest” refers to you.
We are registered to trade in Ireland and our trading place is at Dolphin Beach House, Sky Road, Clifden, Co. Galway, Ireland.
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Dolphin Beach property is privately owned, and we expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
Use of this website (www.dolphinbeach.ie) is subject to the terms and conditions outlined below. By using this website, you (the client) agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. Users enter the website at their own risk.
All rates quoted are subject to availability and alteration and are subject to a minimum night stay. All discounted rates quoted are limited offers and subject to availability and/or a minimum night stay. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information, we cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information and descriptions of listed accommodation and products.
Please carefully read the accommodation rate details that are provided before you make your booking. You are advised to check thoroughly the rate details before making your online reservation.
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age or without the consent of an adult.
The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
Your reservation is made directly with the owners of Dolphin Beach and not a third party. By confirming your reservation with www.dolphinbeach.ie you are entering into a contract with William and Barbara Foyle T/A Dolphin Beach.
A contract between you and us will come into existence when payment is received, and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed Dolphin Beach property rental dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
A non-refundable 50% deposit of the rental cost is payable at the time of booking.
Bookings made less than 28 days before your arrival date must be paid in full, plus the €500 refundable damage deposit.
The balance must be paid no later than 28 days before the commencement of your check-in date. If the balance is not received by the due date i.e. 28 days prior to arrival, then your booking will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rental fee.
Before leaving the property, you must settle any charges should the property be damaged.
Dolphin Beach Cancellation policy and fees
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the booking is taken at the time of booking.
- If the guest cancels at least 28 in advance of the check-in date, the remaining 50% will simply not be charged to the guest.
- If the guest cancels within 28 days of the check-in date, no refund will be given and the remaining 50% will be charged to the guest.
- Service charges are non-refundable.
To cancel a reservation, please contact the Dolphin Beach as soon as possible by email, quoting your booking reference number (also contained within our email).
Any cancellation may be liable to pay cancellation charges.
All cancellations must be notified in writing (email is sufficient). If you cancel your holiday more than 28 days before check-in date. If you cancel less than 28 days before the check-in date, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation. Depending on the reasons for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges from your insurance company, if you have taken out travel insurance.
Your booking will not be cancelled by Dolphin Beach except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
If for any reason you wish to alter your booking (e.g. change the dates of your stay or the accommodation requested), Dolphin Beach will investigate all possibilities to comply with your request, however no guarantee can be given. In case no suitable alternative is available, the cancellation policy is applicable.
No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed (6 person at Dolphin Beach Lodge and 12 person at Dolphin Beach House) and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
Note: If you plan to have visitors during your stay this must be approved in advance, and these are subject to an additional charge. Please contact Dolphin Beach in advance.
You are responsible for the correct and decent behavior of all the persons in the party. Should that person, or any of the persons accompanying him/her not behave in a suitable and responsible way, the owner shall be entitled to request the client and the persons accompanying him/her to leave the property without the right to claim any type of compensation. Drugs are strictly prohibited in and around the premises.
We reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
Pets, vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
Pets (in exceptional circumstances where a pet must be present):
- Please don’t let pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
- Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pets
Limitation of Liability
We cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damage that may arise as a consequence of the client’s use of the property, including and without limitation, damages, insurance, losses because of fire, robbery or criminal behavior.
In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of €500 is required and will be returned in full within 14 days from the checkout date on the conditions that:
- No damage to the property(s) has occurred, by any guest in the party
- No damage to any property has occurred, by any guest in the party
- No undue disturbance to other guests or residents has occurred, by any guest in the party
- No use of drugs has occurred in and around the premises by any guest in the group.
If this cost exceeds the value of the deposit, we reserve the right to charge the excess to the guest’s (or guests’) credit card(s).
If we receive serious complaints or any disputes arise, we reserve the right to terminate your stay without notice.
Damages and breakages
Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected upon your departure & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
We are responsible for any loss or damage to your goods or personal belongings kept at the property. You are also responsible for taking all-reasonable care of the property and its contents.
Except in the case of normal wear and tear you are responsible for any damage to the property or its contents during your stay, which has occurred due to the negligence, willful default or irresponsible behavior on the part of yourself or those occupying the property or your guests. Any damage must be reported to the us without delay.
Check-in & Check-out Time
You must comply with the rules for checking-in (5pm) and checking-out (10am). If there is any delay in vacating the property beyond the agreed time, a full day’s rental may be charged to you.
Tenancies normally commence at 5pm on the day of arrival unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
You and your party agree to be considerate tenants and will take good care of the property(s) in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. You and your party also agree not to act in any way, which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighboring properties.
During your stay
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please remove shoes before entering the house.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach. Use the beach towels (if provided).
- Dolphin Beach reserves the right to make a charge via your security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- William and Barbara Foyle T/A Dolphin Beach shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, or grounds at Dolphin Beach.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- William and Barbara Foyle T/A Dolphin Beach are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated parking space, ensuring cars do not block access to other properties.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11pm and 8am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a booking without compensation where the unreasonable behavior of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Barbecue – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Upon check-out please empty bins into large bins provided and clean dirty dishes.
Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their stay must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavor to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
We reserve the right to update any of our terms and conditions at any time, as may be required and as may be in line with the company’s business. The onus is placed on all parties using the website to undertake adequate measures to ensure that they visit any such terms and conditions on a regular basis. By agreeing to use our booking websites, it is implied that any such third party accepts any such changes, and that any such third party undertakes to comply with any such changes.